Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What's in a name? Part 1

A lot of people ask me to either repeat my name or spell it or ask me how I got my name. I decided to write a blog about it. My mom and dad used 2 names to come up with my name--Irinda and Dee Anne. There was an Irinda that lived to be a couple months old (back in the 1860's). She either died of smallpox or another disease of that time. I can't remember what I was told she died of. She was a decendant on my mom's side of the family. The other half of my name came from my dad's side of the family. Anne is my aunt's name, and my dad has 2 cousins named Dee Anne. Using these 2 names, that is how I got my name Irindee Anne. My sister's name is also unique. Her name is Jonaia Rose and she was born on Valentine's Day. My mom and dad came up with her name in a unique way also. I will blog about how she got her name at a later date.

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Welcome to the blog world! Your purple blog is pretty!

Irindee said...

Thanks, Abbi!